Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Day of School


Well, the day finally arrived and our little boy went off to pre-school for the first time yesterday. McCoy was so excited. As you can see I couldn't get him to look at the camera at all. He just wanted his backpack! Brandon took the morning off from work so he could be with us on this special morning. It ended up being helpful because he could watch Paisley while I was busy getting McCoy organized. They let us come into the classroom and see how things run and then we said goodbye to McCoy and came home. When Brandon and I got home we both just said that it was so weird not having our Coy running around. Paisley has enjoyed the mornings to herself so far. Today her and I went to Hobby Lobby and had a girls morning breakfast. It is nice to be able to have some one on one time with her. We take McCoy at 9 am and he stays and eats lunch there and we pick him up at 12:30. I spend some time cleaning yesterday and since I am a sap I had a few tears throughout the day. I ended up being at the school 20 minutes early because I missed him so much. I think I was more excited to see him than he was me. I know he is enjoying it and getting the help that he needs there. It is bitter sweet to see him grow. As I am sure any Mom will admit.

He got this "Car's" backpack for his birthday.



Here is a picture of the front of his elementary school, Columbia. It was fun watching him see all the kids walking around inside. For the first week he will just be getting used to the routine of the classroom. He will have to learn that he can't play at the little mini kitchen center all the time.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Well, here he is...Mr. Big Boy McCoy! It looks like he was raring to get to school. What a great day and a handsome boy! Love you much.

Lynette and Brad said...

He looks so grownup heading off for the first day of school!! How fun! I would have shed a few tears that day, too!! I'm so glad it's working out for him to go there!! Can't wait to see you again!! Love you bunches!

fingerfoodforthought.wordpress.com said...

YAY McCoy! We sure love that kid a lot. (and the rest of the family, too!)

Unknown said...

He looks all grown up! He will be the best lookin kid there! Love you Coy!