Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hill Airforce Base


There are a few disadvantages living right next to the train tracks and having Hill Airforce Base in our back yard. The noise is one thing, the poor signal we get from our converted box on our TV gets blocked out everytime a jet flies by or a train passes (which is usually during the best scenes in a show I love!) But everyonce in awhile all the fly byes we get I look up to the sky and see something like this just outside our front door. In the 5-6 years we have lived here in Layton I have seen this sight of a B-2 stealth bomber twice and both times I am amazed by the majesty of it. My po-dunk camera doesn't come near to capturing the image, but you can still see how amazing it is. It is also amazing because it is silent while it flies. The first time I saw it I actually was stopped at a light in traffic and I looked up and seriously thought, "Wow, what is that huge black kite doing up there?" Poor Brandon was unable to see this sight both times, but I was lucky enough this last time to be at home near my camera to catch a picture for him.

No comments: