Friday, November 11, 2011
Update
Its almost 6 am and I have been up since 3 am. Between a husband snoring and taking over the bed, and a little girl waking up with a stuffy nose I didn't get a lot of sleep tonight. So after watching "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice," I thought I would send an update on McCoy through the blog network. He is doing just fine. He is back to his normal cute self. His energy is back up and I love seeing my happy boy again. It was nerve racking for a few days and I really started to ponder on how my Mom did it. My brother played baseball, football, and wrestled. I am not sure of how many concussions he had but I do remember how worried my Mom got when he got hit hard or put into a position he couldn't get out of both on a mat and on the field. Since McCoy was born I have struggled with the idea that I may not see him play sports and for the first time the other night in the hospital watching him get a CT scan I thought, "Hmmm...maybe it isn't such a big deal if he doesn't play sports and get knocked around." I know this might be silly to some Mom's but I don't think our kids are ever going to turn out how we plan. I know I hope mine always stay close with me. I hope they choose the right and stand up for themselves. I hope they are kind and caring towards others and each other. I slowly realize each day that they have their own plans and I'm just along for the ride. What a sight it is to see them grow up and see their personalities. What a stress to see them go through something hard. What a relief to see them asleep in their beds safe and sound. The cool thing is that I get to be their Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said mom!! What parent doesn't dream the world for their kids?? Like you said, it is more important for them to understand and practice the "golden rule" than be the best at dance or sports.
Post a Comment