Monday, January 31, 2011

A Long January

I knew that after Christmas and New Years ended the new year would stretch before me once again. I didn't know how far of a stretch to would be though. This month, especially today has just seemed sooooooooo long. I don't have any new pictures to post, but I thought I would give everyone an update on us since I only got a picture out for our Christmas letter last year.

Brandon is staying busy at work like always. He has a few audit trips planned to Illinois, Texas, and North Carolina. I am so thankful for his job and the insurance it provides us. He is also such a great Dad. The kids get so excited when he gets home. This last Christmas we decided to get a treadmill for both of us to use. He is planning on doing a few races this year, one being the St. George Marathon once again. Yes, I believe he is crazy, but he enjoys doing it.

The kids are doing well too. McCoy's favorite things include the guitar, piano, harmonica, recorder, and DRUMS! Aren't I lucky! He loves anything that has to do with music and sound. We have found out recently that his hearing loss is increasing and will most likely result in a total loss of hearing for him, we also found that once his hearing turns into a profound hearing loss he may become a candidate for a cochlear implant. This device would hopefully restore McCoy's hearing. We don't know how soon this will take place, or all the criteria that needs to be met yet, but I will keep you posted. His hearing aids, "helpers", are still allowing him to hear and for that we are so thankful. He is doing well in school. Still trying to learn how to sit still for longer than a minute. I can't express the feelings I have for him. He is my special boy.

Paisley is a little talker herself. She knows so many words and songs. We love hearing all the new things she comes up with. She can combine the "ABC song" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," together even. Her favorite things to say are: "I LOVE IT!"; "Dad, lets play with the doe doe play! (Meaning play-dough), "Follow me McCoy!" She is doing great in nursery and loves to play with her cousin, Aliza, and her girlfriend, Sienna. She is such a sweet bossy girl. I love it!

I worked nights as a seasonal employee at Costco over the holidays so I am loving staying home once more. I always think it is nice to work and get out of the house for a little while, but I forget how much I love being home. I just love the world I have created in my house with the kids. That may sound weird, but really I love our home and when I get to spend my whole day doing whatever I love doing whether its playing with the kids, sewing, cleaning, laundry, reading, taking a nap when I finally have the kids both down for theirs, cooking or baking something new, I love that it is in my space and no one can take it away from me. This past week I was also able to fly out to Oklahoma to see my Aunt Sandy. It was a needed trip for me and for her. A few months ago my Uncle Dave passed away and so it was a bitter sweet trip. I love her so much. I am always surprised to see how her and my Mom can antique shop FOREVER! I don't mind looking, but I can look, they like to knit pick through everything, but I love watching them! Since getting back from Oklahoma I have been pretty sick. I think I picked up something from the airplane. We got back on Sunday and I went to sleep and didn't get back out of bed till Tuesday. Luckily, I have and awesome husband who took time off work to take care of me and the kids while I down and out. I still am struggling to get my voice back and my doctor prescribed an antibiotic to help me recoup. It has been pretty rough, but I am feeling a lot better today, which I am thankful for.

Anyways, that is kind of an update on us. I enjoyed the holiday season seeing all our family and friends. It was a great time to be together.

No comments: