I have been wanting to learn how to bottle tomatoes the last few years so I have fresh tomatoes to cook with during the winter, and just haven't found the time. Mom always grows yummy tomatoes in her garden and so this year we got together and finally got it done. It was actually not as hard as I thought it would be, but it takes time. I was glad Mom was helping me. It was fun to learn. I think we are also planning on doing potatoes this fall as well. I love doing things with my Mom. She teaches me so much. I know I can talk to her about anything and that she understands. We ended up bottling 21 quarts!!! I was pretty proud of us. Thanks for your help Mom and for also being with me this week end. I had a great time with you.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Winter Preparations
I have been wanting to learn how to bottle tomatoes the last few years so I have fresh tomatoes to cook with during the winter, and just haven't found the time. Mom always grows yummy tomatoes in her garden and so this year we got together and finally got it done. It was actually not as hard as I thought it would be, but it takes time. I was glad Mom was helping me. It was fun to learn. I think we are also planning on doing potatoes this fall as well. I love doing things with my Mom. She teaches me so much. I know I can talk to her about anything and that she understands. We ended up bottling 21 quarts!!! I was pretty proud of us. Thanks for your help Mom and for also being with me this week end. I had a great time with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I had a good time, too. We did some Maters! I always enjoy being with you, too. Love you all.
Good job, Norine!! Looks like you're becoming a pro!!
Post a Comment