Sunday, September 20, 2009

Family Update


I haven't posted a blog in a little while so I thought I would update you on our going abouts. I will start with Brandon and me. Brandon is still working away at the tax commission. It has been nice having him home and not going on so many audits right now. He was helping with switching computer systems in his division and so his boss has kept him close to answer any questions or solve any problems they might encounter. He probably won't go on another audit till next year. That makes me really happy. I am staying busy with two little kids as always. I always feel like I am on the run till about 8 pm when we tuck the kids into bed. Then Brandon and I crack open our Harry Potter books and read for a few hours. Yes, we are finally reading the H.P. book series! I am on book 6 and Brandon is on book 4. I wanted him to read them with me because I wanted to talk to someone about them. We are actually enjoying them. When we finish a book I make chocolate dipped strawberries and we watch the movie that night. It is so fun. I love each day we spend together.


McCoy is still a little busy boy. I take him to a class on Tuesday mornings for his speech therapy and we still have early intervention people that come to the house each month. He is making some great progress. The big thing that will be happening to him is that we are getting him ready for PRE-SCHOOL! I can't believe it. He is growing so fast. We are going to a few different schools and observing their pre-school classes to see what would be best for him. We have an awesome gal from early intervention that is helping us with the process. We are going to the USDB (Utah Schools for the Dead and Blind) on Monday and another class in Kaysville that I would love to take him too. I will keep updates going on the process. I think he is ready for school as I am not. I don't know what to do without my little boy running around all morning and afternoon. I sure it will be emotional for me.

Paisley is such a cutie pie and growing literally so fast. She is mobile which I still can't believe. We just had her first birthday on the 18th and her party was on the 19th. I will post picutes of that too. I will just say that she surprised us all with saying her first word while we were singing, "Ring Around the Rosies," with McCoy and at the end we waited for McCoy to say, "down," and instead Miss Pais surprised us all and said, "DOWN." We all just stared at her with disbelief so we sang the song again and sure enough she said it again, "DOWN." She also decided that since she was 1 she was ready to start taking a few steps. She took about three steps to the couch and a few more to Brandon. I guess she just thinks she is a big girl now. She is just cuter every day.

No comments: