McCoy and Paisley living at Grandma and Papa's house. After a few weeks the kids finally started to understand that we were going to stay and live at Grandma's house. I am afraid it was a bit of a whirlwind for the both of them to understand that we no longer were going to live at our home in Layton. They both had to change schools with new teachers. They have been really brave having their world turned upside down in a matter of a few weeks and I am so thankful for that.
After getting settled into my Mom's house we asked ourselves, "What is there to do in Delta?" I grew up here but had gotten used to the city slicker lifestyle I guess. I do miss the shopping, the friends, the shopping with friends! So we had the idea of taking the kids on a hike. I had always wondered where "The Great Stoneface," was located and never went there as a kid. So we packed some water and looked at the google map to get an idea of where we were going. I knew it was close to Delta and it ended up taking about 20 minutes to get there. It was a little windy, but we still had a great time. For those of you who don't know, "The Great Stoneface," is a huge rock formation that the pioneers thought looked like the profile view of Joseph Smith. Brandon had a hard time seeing it but as we hiked closer it was easier to see I thought. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the kids have gotten a lot better at hiking since last year where any hike we went on we were carrying them most of the time. Paisley made it up all by herself and McCoy was distracted by every big rock we got to.
McCoy and Paisley on the trail.
I had to snap some pictures of the kids resting on the rocks.
As you can tell there is nothing around for miles except desert and cows. It was so quiet out here in the middle of nowhere.
Do you see the profile?
After the hike up we decided to by adventurous and instead of going down the same path we hiked up and around another way. It took twice the time to get back to the car but the kids loved it. They both crashed in the car on the way home as soon as they got a drink of water.
Cousin Adie and Aunt Hollie have been here for the past few weeks and the first night they got here the girls got dressed up in their princess outfits and McCoy joined in as Diego the explorer. This was just the beginning of fun things to come.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment