I can't believe how the time has flown by this year, and I was even pregnant for most of it. In February we got the surprising, yet wonderful news we were having another baby, in June we found out that we were having a girl, and on September 18 our angel Paisley Ginger arrived. She weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. We brought her home on the 21st and have enjoyed her everyday. She loves to watch all of us walk around her everyday. She just observes us and lets us know when she is ready to eat. Thankfully she is the best little sleeper ever, and that in and of itself is a great blessing. The best thing is when you get down by her and smile she gives you the biggest brightest smile ever. It is so fun having a little newborn again. Of course I love dressing her in pink and putting big bows in her hair and Brandon loves to see her grow. She is such a little tanker.
Now we go to complete opposites and talk about our little crazy two year old, McCoy! What a runner and a gunner. I don't think he stops the whole day. He has had a tough year with visits to about five different specialists, yet through it all he has been such a good strong boy. We had some difficult challenges this year, the hardest probably being that we found out McCoy couldn't hear very well. We had to have a few different tests done to determine how severe the hearing loss was and then have him fitted for hearing aids. I think we had our own personal miracle when he started to respond to us when we talked to him. He is just starting to use his voice to let us know what he needs. We still have a lot of work to do when it comes to talking, but in the meantime he uses sign language to let us know what he needs. He knows about 35 signs and that number keeps growing each week. The best news we just received was on the 2nd of
December when we visited with the specialist who diagnosed McCoy with Kabuki syndrome last year. He said McCoy's progress was very good. He kept commenting on how well he is getting around and how bright he is. It was such a relief to hear him say that. We still have a few things to check out, but so far everything has worked out for the best. We are so relieved. Like I said though, McCoy is so active and lovable. He is such a good boy and we love the special blessing that he is in our home. He enjoys being a big brother to Paisley.
Brandon is still staying busy at the Utah State Tax Commission. This is his third year working as an auditor in the corporate division ,and he still enjoys the people he works with. He just got his schedule changed to working four ten hour days and having every Friday off. It makes for long weekdays, but also long weekends, which is nice. I have had the blessing of being able to stay home with our kids which I enjoy very much. It is kind of tricky having two of them to watch now. They sure keep us on our toes.
This year besides having a baby and dealing with specialists we were able to take a few trips. In April we were able to fly to Puerto Rico to visit my brother and his family. It was a long flight, but worth it to spend time with them. We were able to see a few different beaches where Brandon and I actually got a chance to snorkel. It probably looked pretty funny from the shoreline watching us put on our flippers and goggles in the big waves. We had a great time though. Then a month later McCoy and I accompanied Brandon on one of his field audits to New York. We were there during such a pretty time of the year and we also got to visit with my aunt in Connecticut. It was so nice to see family when they are so far away.
As you can tell 2008 was a busy time for us, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We have witnessed so many miracles and answers to prayers. We love this time of year because we always find ourselves thinking of family and friends. We want to say thank you for all your love, support, and prayers. We hope this season is special for all of you. Know that we are always thinking you you as well. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Love Always,
Brandon, Norine, McCoy, and Paisley
Brandon, Norine, McCoy, and Paisley
4 comments:
I love the kids Christmas PJ.
I wish we could be there with you all for Christmas! Love you Jo
It has been a busy year for you guys! Thanks for the update. Your little ones are so cute, what a blessing they are. Merry Christmas to your cute family!
Thanks for the letter! It is so good to catch up with all your annual happenings! I'm so glad that you are enjoying that little girl ;) Have a wonderful holiday!!!
You have such a cute family! I am with ya on the chirstmas card blog idea, it's a good one.
Post a Comment